Thursday, June 23, 2011

I guess I don't have to tell you what's coming, Frank. I'm promising you nothing except a job no man should have to do who's already had more than his share of combat. I've gotta ask you to take nice kids and fly them until they can't take any more, and then put 'em back in and fly 'em some more. We've got to try to find out just what a maximum effort is. How much a man can take and get it all.



Last week I watched The classic ww2 film 12 O' clock high starring Gregory Peck and some other actors who's names I can't remember. It is about some of the first Americans in England and how they are forced to fly on long and brutal bombing campaigns with low supplies and moral. I enjoyed it very much. Peck was very good in this film.  This has to be one of my favorite war movies about the Air Force and the fighting in the skies. The film really shows you how much war a man can take before he cracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment